Mar 25, 2009

OC Blog -- Our Mission

The Ocean City, Maryland, Blog conducted a little experiment in covering Ocean City Mayor and Council meetings this past winter. It was fun and educational, but the experiment is over.

With the season about to start, I simply won't have time to keep up with the news generated by a busy Mayor and Council. Two weekly newspapers do a pretty good job of that. No need for me to duplicate their efforts. For news, I recommend the Maryland Coast Dispatch and Ocean City Today.

I will comment on the news from time to time. But I'll be editorializing, giving my opinion, or trying to sort things out. I might get more involved when there's a big story, for instance a hurricane or a mayoral election, but those things don't happen every year, thank goodness.

So if the Ocean City, Maryland, Blog is not primarily a source of news, what is it?

The Ocean City Blog is one person's take on life and the rhythm of the seasons in Ocean City, Maryland. And we list helpful links to hotels, restaurants, local government and media.

I want to thank several excellent photographers who have volunteered to share some of their best work in the Ocean City Blog. I had not expected to have so much excellent art! I use my own poor photos to illustrate posts, but the quality photos of accomplished photographers tell the story of Ocean City with vivid clarity.

The Ocean City, Maryland, Blog reminds folks that they're always welcome here. To those who live elsewhere in Maryland, we say: "If you leave right now, you can be in Ocean City in three hours."

No comments:

Post a Comment